May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month, an annual campaign designed to increase awareness of the dangers that motorcyclists face on the road.
As the weather gets warmer, more people will be taking to the roads on their motorcycles, making it more important than ever to focus on motorcycle safety.
At the same time, it’s important to remember that accidents can still happen, no matter how careful you are.
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek the help of an experienced personal injury law firm like Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys.
The Importance of Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month is important because it helps to raise awareness of the unique risks that motorcyclists face on the road.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are roughly 28 times more likely to be killed in a crash than occupants of a passenger vehicle.
The NHTSA also reports that in 2019, 5,014 motorcyclists were killed in traffic crashes in the United States. While this is a decrease from the previous year, it’s still a sobering reminder of the importance of motorcycle safety.
During this month, various organizations and agencies across the country hold events and campaigns to raise awareness of motorcycle safety.
These efforts include things like safety demonstrations, educational campaigns, and increased enforcement of traffic laws.
Staying Safe on Your Motorcycle
If you ride a motorcycle, there are several things you can do to help stay safe on the road. Some of these include:
- Wear a helmet: Wearing a helmet is one of the most effective ways to reduce your risk of serious injury or death. Make sure you wear a helmet that is properly fitted and meets the Department of Transportation (DOT) standards.
- Wear protective gear: In addition to a helmet, it’s important to wear other protective gear, such as gloves, boots, and a jacket. This can help to protect you from road rash and other injuries in the event of an accident.
- Follow traffic laws: Motorcyclists are subject to the same traffic laws as other drivers. Make sure you obey all traffic laws, including speed limits and traffic signals.
- Be visible: Make sure you are visible to other drivers by wearing bright clothing and using reflective tape on your motorcycle.
- Stay alert: Pay attention to your surroundings and be aware of other drivers on the road. Avoid distracted driving, such as texting or using your phone while riding.
Remember: Look twice, Save a life!
What to Do if You’re Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
Even if you take all the necessary precautions, accidents can still happen. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek the help of an experienced personal injury law firm like Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys.
We have the experience and resources to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Our team of attorneys will work tirelessly to investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strong legal strategy to help you recover.
We understand that being injured in a motorcycle accident can be a traumatic experience. That’s why we’re here to help you through every step of the legal process. From filing your claim to negotiating with insurance companies and representing you in court.
Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month is an important reminder of the risks that motorcyclists face on the road. By taking the necessary precautions and following traffic laws, you can help stay safe while riding your motorcycle.
However, accidents can still happen. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to seek legal help. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Alexander Shunnarah Trial Attorneys is here to help you. Call us to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and help you move forward with your life.